New and old releases are rated on a scale of 0 to 4 stars.
DVD and Blu-ray reviews are on a scale from A+ to F-.
If you don't see a rating it's because I hadn't yet watched that particular film.

Friday, January 11, 2013

2012 is the worst year in film, ever.

I have never been more disappointed than I am now with the films of 2012. Almost every film that I’d watched last year was either bad or utterly average. Even the biggest films of the year ended up as entirely mediocre experiences. The Avengers is a mostly uninteresting, not quite action film that’s written and directed by Joss Whedon and is riddled with superfluous one-liners and overall unwarranted goofiness, and The Dark Knight Rises is boring (visually and audibly) and entirely predictable. It wasn’t until December 2012 that good films had begun to appear on the horizon.

By the final week of the year I had 5 films listed on my top 10 list…

But now I have 7 films, and the following is not a list that depicts the best films of 2012 in an alphabetical order because, quite frankly, there isn’t a single film that stands above the rest. So without further ado I present to you, my faithful, respected readers, a list that depicts what are simply The Best Films That I’d Watched in 2012. I might just have to stick to this format from now on.


Amour

Amour

Arbitrage

Arbitrage

Django Unchained

Django Unchained

Lincoln

Lincoln

The Master

The Master

Nameless Gangster

Nameless Gangster

Skyfall

Skyfall


Lastly, I will not write up a Worst Films of 2012 post because most films in 2012 sucked. They are their own punishment. So there.

It's already 2013 and hopefully the worst is behind us.

No comments:

Post a Comment